Bricks + Beers believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all attendees, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
2. EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative. We’re here to have fun: don’t ruin that with your behaviour.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organisers or venue staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Be mindful not everyone has the same experience and knowledge. Every level of experience is welcome at Bricks + Beers events – you don’t need to be a Master Builder to come along. The emphasis is on having fun and expressing yourself creatively.
3. UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Unacceptable behaviours include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees of Bricks + Beers and related events. All Bricks + Beers venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
4. CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organisers, venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of Bricks + Beers venues.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
5. WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECT TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organiser as soon as possible.
A member of the Bricks + Beers team will be available to help attendees contact venue security or local law enforcement or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
We expect all event participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and event-related social events.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
There will be a member of the organising team present throughout Bricks + Beers. Alternatively you can contact Bricks + Beers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. LICENSE AND ATTRIBUTION
This Code of Conduct is based on Open Source Bridge, but with our event information substituted. The original is available here and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.